You are not alone.
Tall Poppy is not alone in working to address tough issues around online harassment. Here are some other great organizations and resources that might be helpful to you:
Anti-Harrassment and Security Resources
- Staying Safe When You Say #MeToo from the ACLU blog
- Crash Override Network
- Online SOS: a nonprofit that works with activists and journalists facing harassment
- Better Brave: a nonprofit that works to support people experiencing harassment within their workplaces through legal resources and referrals
- Geek Feminism’s guide to Mitigating Internet Trollstorms
- Speak Up & Stay Safe(r): A Guide to Protecting Yourself From Online Harassment by Feminist Frequency (also available in Arabic and Spanish)
- PEN America's Online Harassment Field Manual, designed for writers and journalists
- Citizen Lab's Security Planner
- Empower Work – a free, anonymous, and immediate text chatline for workplace issues. Text 510-674-1414 for support.
- Crisis Text Line – a free, 24/7, confidential text message service for people in crisis. Text HOME to 741741 in the United States.
- Mental health resources from Captain Awkward – How to locate low-cost mental health care in the US and Canada and 14 Free and Low-Cost Mental Health Resources
- Anxiety Gaming, a non-profit dedicated to providing free mental health services to the gaming community.